Sunday, July 20, 2014

Problem Encounter in RS485 Circuit

I had designed a little board to interface USART to RS485 circuit that has two types of connection: one row of the DIP MAX232, or the ISP header for ATmega64-128-1281-2561 family. 


But after few hours of design, I had decided to improve the circuit, by adding automatic capabilities to the T/R signal, instead of using SCK from the ISP header.

After 2 hours of using Google doing some search for circuits that automatically switch T/R signal, I didn't find anything interesting about the problem I have. Only one circuit that uses a simple transistor and few resistors, but that doesn't satisfy me, since I'm not sure if I do switches off the transceiver too early after the last bit had been sent.

I must say that I have a little being lazy guy, since I'm asking for suggestions about that which I think it’s a good idea to ask some help from you guys because I know some of you may encounter same problem as I encounter right now.

My first bet would be to add a capacitor between T/R pins and ground or VCC to add some delay.

Has someone experience with this kind of circuits? Can you share your idea and thoughts about it or someone that can give advice about this?

No comments:

Post a Comment