Monday, August 4, 2014

Solar Circuit Diagram

Just this morning a gleam idea that was pop up to my mind to create a solar circuit diagram and I want it simple and easy to understand to the newbies. After my coffee I went to my laptop table and start my research about this solar circuit diagram and after 2-3 hour of doing some research I found this cool site that maybe can help me. 

 You can see below the very basic small solar installation with connection for adding additional solar panels. 


The 20 Amp main fuse used can vary depending on the load from your whole system and whether or not an inverter and AC circuitry is added. After specification of the wiring I generally try to start with a lower fuse than is really needed, switch everything on for a few minutes then if the fuse is OK stay with that, but keep a spare correct higher value one handy just in case, changing it only after a thorough inspection of the system. It is just the way I am, if I am supposed to use a 2 Amp fuse I will probably be trying a 1 Amp fuse first on the principal stated above. 

 Always remember - The fuse should always be rated less than the wire/run it is protecting, the fuse must always be the weakest link! 

The small fuse without a value is determined by the nominal output from the solar panel(s) and the wire gauge used, for example a 27w panel has a nominal output of around 1.5 Amps so it would be best to fit a 2 to 3 Amp fuse after first using the correct wire run. This is worked out by Ohms law i.e. watts (27 w) ÷ volts (approx panel voltage 17.5 v) = Amps (1.5) hence the 2 to 3 Amp fuse.

If you have time you can check also my design of a battery charger schematics.

No comments:

Post a Comment